Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Frank’s variations listed below…
Modified from original recipe found here: https://aseasyasapplepie.com/avocado-chocolate-mou…
Raw, vegan, gluten free and paleo, this healthy avocado chocolate mousse comes together in minutes.
Original Author: as easy as Apple Pie
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 2 minutes
• 2 ripe avocados I used Hass avocados
• 1/3 cup coconut sugar or xylitol or combination (can also substitute some sugar for small amount of stevia)
• 40 grams (1/3 cup) raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk or any other plant milk (avoid soy milk)
• 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon chia powder (you can grind whole chia seeds in a coffee grinder)
• 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt (you can use sea salt or Himalayan pink salt) Toppings (optional): cacao nibs, fresh raspberries, whipped coconut cream Instructions
1. Halve the avocados and scoop the flesh into a food processor or blender.
2. Add the almond milk, cacao powder, chia powder, sweetener and almond extract.
3. Mix for a minute or until smooth.
4. Taste and adjust with extra sweetener if needed.
5. Spoon the avocado chocolate mousse into pretty glasses or ramekins (I used a piping bag).
6. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
7. Serve plain or topped with cacao nibs, fresh raspberries, and/or whipped coconut cream
You could also replace the above sweeteners with honey or maple syrup
© as easy as Apple Pie. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe